Thursday 8 September 2011

Choosing a brief and why I chose it

From the 12 briefs that we could choose from, I have chosen the newspaper brief. This includes -

Create the first two pages of a local newspaper, together with two of the following three options:
·      A poster for the newspaper,
·      A radio advertisement,
·      Two hyperlinked pages from the paper’s website.

From these options, I have chosen the poster and the webpage because I felt that they best suited my strengths as a Media student. I have used Photoshop before to a great extent, although I have never actually worked with sound, but I have worked in a small way with web programs. However, I felt that I would be better making a webpage than I would be making a radio advert, because although I have previous failings in web design, working with sound is somewhat alien to me.

The newspaper brief was also attractive to me because it is a line of media, which I am interested in and would consider progressing further with in my education and hopefully as a job in the industry as well.

1 comment:

  1. Michael, you need to get posting! I know you have started your research but a moderator will not unless you post it.

    ReplyDelete