Friday 10 February 2012

My stories

Boardmasters
I want to cover the announcement of the Boardmasters line-up in my newspaper because music stories scored highly in my survey when I asked people what they would like to see in my newspaper. Boardmasters is one of the biggest festivals in the South West, so would be a good story to cover in my newspaper. I will not need to be on the scene, so I will not need to spend money when researching the story, I need only internet facilities.

Fuel Prices
Another story I am to cover is that of increased fuel prices. Nearer the time of publication, there may be new hikes in fuel duty, but I want people's opinions on how the fuel prices are hitting pockets across the country; something that is currently frustrating me. Furthermore, people wanted to see political stories in my newspaper, as per my survey.

Sport stories
I want to incorporate local sport, and sport associated with the college into my newspaper, despite the fact my participants did not originally want to see sports stories in my newspaper. Sport is a big convention and selling point in newspapers, which is why I will be including it. I have also found that BBC Sport Relief will be coming up in March, so I will cover this.

I will keep my blog updated as I collect more stories in the run up to Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Good ideas following conventions and linking to what your target audience will be interested in.

    ReplyDelete