Monday 9 January 2012

Stories

With the layout of my newspaper very much under way in Adobe InDesign, I am starting to gather stories and information that I can fill it with.

I want to cover the increase in petrol prices over the last years and months, and see how it is hitting every-day people. With this, I will comment on how people are using Facebook and Twitter to tell us about how they are struggling. For this, I intend to interview people.

With the benefit of studying at the local college, I will be able to give updates on the sport events taking place, and I can also talk about Bodmin Town FC, who play in the local league. I will also be able to cover BBC sport relief in March, as it will be a big interest point for people of all ages.

I will also be covering the announcement of the line-up for the Boardmasters festival, as music was something people wanted to see in my survey. Music is not just a strong story subject for young people, but for all ages.

As I collect more stories, I will begin writing them up. Despite my newspaper being a weekly publication, I will have some leeway when it comes to story dates as I will be producing the first issue.

1 comment:

  1. Some good initial ideas that follow conventions your have observed in the local press.

    ReplyDelete