Monday 5 March 2012

Website video analysis

On my website, I will need to include a video.
I have looked at this Guardian online video for inspiration as to how to present my video in order to both draw inspiration from it and observe the conventions it sets.

The title scene at the beginning shows that the video is from The Guardian, something that is a convention in videos like this. In my own video I will meet this convention. The video itself uses a voiceover, meaning all the information that would be displayed in an article could be conveyed through speech to the setting of a moving image, putting the users of the website right into the story.

In my own website, I hope to meet the conventions set here by The Guardian's videos in terms of the title sequence that starts and finishes the video, though I will storyboard and plan my video in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment